Visit Spain


Spain is a country offering a wide range of activities, landscapes and climate throughout the year. You may come for holidays or just for a weekend break to visit its beaches, mountains or cities, but you shall know that you will end up experiencing its history, culture, art, gastronomy, parties, local celebrations and more, for Spanish people know how to welcome tourists. Plus, Spain is ranked as one of the most secure places to visit. Therefore, your entertainment, amusement and comfort during your stay is guarantee. In our Law Firm, our group of bilingual attorneys has the necessary experience to help all our clients to successfully apply for their tourist visa. They will guide you through the process and will help you gathering all the supporting documentation to apply for your visa.

Spain is part of the Schengen area, therefore EU citizens of these countries are entitled free movement around the 27 nations who have signed this agreement, which are the following: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden or United Kingdom. Liechtenstein, Iceland, Norway and Switzerland are bound to this agreement as well.

This means that EU citizens can visit Spain using its communitarian passport for a 90 days period without any limitation. Those family members of an EU national (spouse, child or dependent ascendant) are granted as free movement too within the Schengen area provided that the applicant submit documents proving their relationship. However, if you are not a citizen of any of these countries, you will have to request a Schengen Visa. This visa is also called short term visa, you must know that once you receive the entry stamp on your passport you have 90 days to visit not only Spain but other countries within the Schengen area. However, when your visa is near to expire, you shall leave the Schengen area in order to avoid any inconvenient for breaching such permit.

The consequences for breaching this permit could affect the concession of future permits; imposition of a fine; deportation; and ultimately, you may not be entitled to enter in the Schengen area for a period up to 3 years. If you have breached your tourist permit for a valid reason (medical reasons, lose your flight…) you may be able to amend this by submitting the correct documentation. Our attorneys can help you in this regard based on successful previous experiences appealing decisions and overstay of visas.

To request your Schengen visa for yourself or your family, you must appear before the nearest Spanish Consulate to your domicile and submit the corresponding documentation such as travel document or passport, evidence that you have sufficient financial means, return ticket, international medical Insurance, among others. The resolution of your case will be notified within a month.

You must remember that while in Spain by means of a short term visa, you may carry different activities such as tourism, visiting family and/or friends, Official Visits, sports, study, transit, medical reasons or business.

In our experience some of our customers take a full advantage of their visit to Spain to open a bank account, buy a car or property, invest, etc., therefore, our Law Firm offers different services in relation to these activities such as conveyance, drafting purchase-sale agreements, issuing NIEs, among others. Also, if you have suffered any accident or injury while in Spain we can assess your claim. Just contact us and discover how we can help you.